The objective of D. K. Simulation Laboratory is to assist faculty courses with required software and expertise and to apply simulation for industrial problems through projects. Arena 11.00 programming software is used in both departments of the faculty Arena Simulation Package is used in Industrial Engineering undergraduate course “END322 System Simulation” and Management Engineering undergraduate course “ISL432 Simulation in Operations Management”, also in Industrial Engineering master’s degree course “END507 Simulation in Manufacturing” lesson. Powersim software is System Dynamics software and is used in Industrial Engineering undergraduate program in “END 318 System Dynamics” lesson.
The license of the softwares are opened for access in the faculty and uploaded in faculty computer labs.
Equipments of the laboratory are below:
- S3 Dell Precision 39D workstation
- 3 Syncmaster LCD monitor
- 1 XEROX Phaser 6120N printer
There are three special software belonging to Simulation Laboratory:
- ARENA Professional Edition Educational Package 11.0, 20 simultaneous user licenses
- POWERSIM Studio 7 Academic with 32 user licenses
- Anylogic 6.0 Educational software (with faculty license)
The web site of laboratory is http://www.macka-simlab.itu.edu.tr’dir.