The building of the Management Faculty is located at the Istanbul Technical University Macka Campus, and has been built as an administration office of the Maçka Artillery (Silahhane) next to it. The whole building complex has been constructed by the two members of the famous emperial architecture family, Simon and Sarkis Balyan between 1861-1862. The Maçka Artillery is a three-storey building and has been handed over to the Command of Gendarmerie at the end of Ottoman period. During the Republic era, it served, respectively, as a school of shipping, artillery, engineering and gendarmerie. In 1956, the building was given under control of the Ministry of Education, which then allocated to the Istanbul Technical University, and served as a Technical School until 1977. Since then the building has been hosting the administration offices of the Faculty of Management. The complementary building blocks containing classrooms have been built at the beginning of the 1970s.